What is the differences between LAF & RLAF?

Dear All,

I have a doubt on LAF & RLAF? Kindly clarify my doubts at earliest with suitable examples, if possible with diagrams.

1. What is meant for LAF & RLAF?
  2. How it is working?
  3. What are the qualification requirement?
  4. How can perform the PQ?
  5. What is the AirFlow in LAF & RLAF?
  6. What is principle inclided in both systems?
    If possible send a one model document for our reference.

I am waiting anxiously for reply from all our professionels. if possible post your reply to my mail.

Thx in advance

Pulla Reddy Karnati
karnati1983@gmail.com

Dear Mr.Pullareddy

Pls find the principles of both the systems:

LAF:

1. Air flow parallel
  2. Flow once through
  3. Protect the product only
  4. Not recommended for raw material dispensing.

RLAF

1. Air flow turbulent
  2. Re circulated flow
  3. Protect the product and area
  4. Recommended for product/raw material dispensing.

Pls find the attachment provided by Durga Prasad contains complete details about laminor air flow systems.

[attach]324[/attach]

Thanks and regards

Sampling- dispensing.pdf (741.2 KB)

Dear Sir,
Thanking u sir for giving your valuable information and attached file on difference between LAF and RLAF. I have a small doubt that on RLAF is Turbulent Air flow as u said. But I hope RLAF is also laminar air flow(parallel) but it is recirculated. Would u please clear my doubt?

[quote=prasadraokilli]Dear Sir,
Thanking u sir for giving your valuable information and attached file on difference between LAF and RLAF. I have a small doubt that on RLAF is Turbulent Air flow as u said. But I hope RLAF is also laminar air flow(parallel) but it is recirculated. Would u please clear my doubt?[/quote]

Dear Mr.Prasadarao

Thanks for the response…

RLAF flow may be horizontal or vertical based on the operational requirement.

Eg: Vertical RLAF used in the Microbiological laboratories, where handle pathogenic strains, the risk to the operator(s) should be controlled.

The main principal in the RLAF is “A negative pressure inside the booth prevents the escape of fine powder from the work area towards the external environment.Downward airflow provides full protection to operator and product”.

The air flow in the RLAF system should be re-circulated.

Thanks and regards

Dear V.J.V. Prasad,

So much thanks for your comprehensive reply about LAF & RLAF. It is so much helpfull for me.
Regarding LAF & RLAF

1. What are the points to be considered before going to design the LAF & RLAF.
  2. How can we get Turbulent airflow in RLAF? is there any special equipment to be placed before supply filter?
  3. What are the points to be used for qualification and their limits?
  4. Is there any special tests to be carried out than AHU system?
  5. When LAF & RLAF to be used?
  6. How much air to be recirculated in both systems?
  7. How can RLAF protect the area?
    Pl. Clarify mu doubts with suitable examples, send a document for our reference.

Once again thanks for your earliest reply.

Pulla Reddy Karnati