Wastewater EPA

We have developed a GC method for the analysis of acetone in wastewater generated by the production plant. We want to perform wastewater analysis in our GMP lab but some one told me that the testing has to be performed by EPA certified testing lab ONLY- IS IT TURE?
I would appreciate it if anyone can provide some EPA information/guidance.


Yes. It must be an EPA licensed lab. Check labs that are members of CAEAL (Canadian Association of Environmental Analytical Laboratories) or A2LA. I think SGS is a member.

1 Like

Thanks @Boomer_Chemist ,
We are GMP lab and FDA approved lab so can we test it in our lab?

No! Your lab has to be licensed by the EPA since they operate under different regulations.

Thanks Boomer!