validation analyst

I am working on Pq of new Getinge autoclave. while using the UF cartridge,
what is the safest way to run the cycle
I am using 122 C 60 minutes with 4 pre pulses and 2 post pulses
I observed that 2 runs were passed, but in the 3 rd run one of the thermocouple was showing 119.7C, not reaching the required temperature, can you discuss it in the forun for the exact reason, what might be the best way to run the cycle.
Thanks in advance.

[quote=ramaka]I am working on Pq of new Getinge autoclave. while using the UF cartridge,
what is the safest way to run the cycle
I am using 122 C 60 minutes with 4 pre pulses and 2 post pulses
I observed that 2 runs were passed, but in the 3 rd run one of the thermocouple was showing 119.7C, not reaching the required temperature, can you discuss it in the forun for the exact reason, what might be the best way to run the cycle.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Dear Ramaka,
Kindly response me the following querries regarding this subjected issue, Did you perform pre and post calibrations of thermocouples?, Did you identify cold spot during empty heat mapping studies?, How much time was taken to acchieve 119.7°C at that piont? let me want to know the temperature mapping reading duing heat mapping studies, were that reproducible?
In last, Kindly t run one more cycle with same setting and then tell me the results and cycle (temperature distribution and penetration) behaviour.

Thanks

I did the pre and post calibration of thermocoples and they were ok by showing 121C.
during empry chamber mapping there were no cold spots.
It takes 35 to 40 mnts to reach 119C based on prevac(pulses) settings.

since it is UF cartridge is from GE , I called them and explained the situation, Previously I was doing this process by filling the cartridge with water and inserted 8 thermocoples in to the cartridge through vent tubing SS calmps and inserted by making tiny holes on the cartridge and 2 were in the chamber. but I made the settings as 2 prevacs and 2 post pulses.I am getting the temperature as 119.7 with the themocople located at the centre of the column.
GE tech advised to drain the water from the column and asked me increase the prevac pulses to 8 and sterilization time to 60 minutes and 122C and no post pulses. Finally I was able to complete 3 consecutive runs with desired temperature . by increaing the prevac pulses the air from the cartridge was evacuated and Iam successful in copletion of qualification of this load.
Thank you very much for your quck response . if I get any more such issues I will post in our forum. thank you and have a nice weekend

[quote=ramaka]I did the pre and post calibration of thermocoples and they were ok by showing 121C.
during empry chamber mapping there were no cold spots.
It takes 35 to 40 mnts to reach 119C based on prevac(pulses) settings.

since it is UF cartridge is from GE , I called them and explained the situation, Previously I was doing this process by filling the cartridge with water and inserted 8 thermocoples in to the cartridge through vent tubing SS calmps and inserted by making tiny holes on the cartridge and 2 were in the chamber. but I made the settings as 2 prevacs and 2 post pulses.I am getting the temperature as 119.7 with the themocople located at the centre of the column.
GE tech advised to drain the water from the column and asked me increase the prevac pulses to 8 and sterilization time to 60 minutes and 122C and no post pulses. Finally I was able to complete 3 consecutive runs with desired temperature . by increaing the prevac pulses the air from the cartridge was evacuated and Iam successful in copletion of qualification of this load.
Thank you very much for your quck response . if I get any more such issues I will post in our forum. thank you and have a nice weekend[/quote]

Dear Ramaka,
You are welcome, In inert laod of autocalve you can play with increasing sterilization time and sterilzation temperature.

Thanks and best of luck.