UV Spectrophotometer for determination of Zinc Gluconate

Hi every one,

I need your help for determination of Zinc Gluconate tablet with the UV Spectrophotometer method, If we

need to determine the amount of Zinc Gluconate dissolved, in Dissolution of Zinc Gluconate Tablet which

method we can use . there is one method , employing Atomic Absorption spectrophotometry but there is

a UV - Vis Spectrophotometry as well , how I can use UV method . If any ones knows how to use the

UV method please guide me .

Thank you
Jack

Dear jack
Pl.refer USP Monograph for calcium gluconate for your reference

You must follow AAS Method for dissolution of

[COLOR=#0000ff]Dissolution 711 —
Medium: water; 900 mL.
Apparatus 2: 50 rpm.
Time: 45 minutes.
Procedure— Determine the amount of C12H22CaO14 dissolved, employing atomic absorption
spectrophotometry at a wavelength of about 422.8 nm on filtered portions of the solution under test,
suitably diluted with water, in comparison with a Standard solution having a known concentration of
calcium in the same Medium.
Tolerances— Not less than 75% (Q) of the labeled amount of C12H22CaO14 is dissolved in 45 minutes.
[/color]

Hi ,

Thank you , I know this USP Method , there is no AA in our lab , is there any way we can find out the dissolved amount by UV , please give me your suggestion .

Thank you

[quote=RohitHirpara]Dear jack

Pl.refer USP Monograph for calcium gluconate for your reference

You must follow AAS Method for dissolution of

[COLOR=#0000ff]Dissolution 711 —
Medium: water; 900 mL.
Apparatus 2: 50 rpm.
Time: 45 minutes.
Procedure— Determine the amount of C12H22CaO14 dissolved, employing atomic absorption
spectrophotometry at a wavelength of about 422.8 nm on filtered portions of the solution under test,
suitably diluted with water, in comparison with a Standard solution having a known concentration of
calcium in the same Medium.
Tolerances— Not less than 75% (Q) of the labeled amount of C12H22CaO14 is dissolved in 45 minutes.
[/color][/quote]