Thermocouple problem

Hi!
I have one question. We do thermovalidation of SIP of ampoule filling line and put TCs in the tank or pipe but pipe cut our TC and test failed. We use one strand thermocouples. How can we put TC inside and connect pipes not to leak but not to cut our TC too?

Thanx

I would use a gasket with a hole in it. They are readily available for purchase.

You then pass the thermocouple through it. Ensure that the tip of the TC is not touching the pipework.

[quote=joksavs]Hi!
I have one question. We do thermovalidation of SIP of ampoule filling line and put TCs in the tank or pipe but pipe cut our TC and test failed. We use one strand thermocouples. How can we put TC inside and connect pipes not to leak but not to cut our TC too?

Thanx[/quote]

Dear Joksav,

Kindly use thermocouple connector, in which all the thermocouples insert in it and then it sealed with RTV silicon. It won’t damage your thermocouples.

thanks

Dear Buttons and Shahnawaz,
thanx for yours fast replies!
The problem is that pipes are connected one on the other (the gasket is inside the pipes) and if I put something between pipes the leak test will fail. The pipes are connected with three clamp and if I put wider gasket the leak test will fall. If we put the gasket that we can put TC nside, than we cannot connect pipes…