Question: Particulate count vs air change/hour

Dear all,
we have room class D and air balancing is done and air change/hour is measured.

i want to know if:
1- in case of changing air change/hour in the room due to changing air balancing only should we measure particulate count again?
2- in case of changing air change/hour in the room due to adding or removing supply/return air ducts should we measure particulate count again?

If yes, can you please explain why?

kindly i need your help

thanks in advance

Dear Ahmad

No need to measure the particle concentration though you adjust the air velocity. particle counter sucks the air in the room at a specific flow rate (28.5 LPM) which doesn’t depend on supply air velocity.

If you add the new filter (in new duct), no need to measure the particle count, but you need to prove the filter integrity

Regards
Veerraju

[quote=ramyaraj725]Dear Ahmad

No need to measure the particle concentration though you adjust the air velocity. particle counter sucks the air in the room at a specific flow rate (28.5 LPM) which doesn’t depend on supply air velocity.

If you add the new filter (in new duct), no need to measure the particle count, but you need to prove the filter integrity

Regards
Veerraju[/quote]

Dear Veeraju
thanks for your reply, so what factors affect the classification of the room, what changes in HVAC system can affect the particulate count value in the room?

I hope to help you

[quote=shadyahmad]Dear all,
we have room class D and air balancing is done and air change/hour is measured.

i want to know if:
1- in case of changing air change/hour in the room due to changing air balancing only should we measure particulate count again?
(in rest and in operation)
2- in case of changing air change/hour in the room due to adding or removing supply/return air ducts should we measure particulate count again?
(adding is change? if yes,must requalification)
If yes, can you please explain why?

kindly i need your help

thanks in advance[/quote]