Query in Spread Sheet Validation

Dear All,

I have come across a statement in the SOP that, ‘The cells which contains the formula should be hidden’. My query is what is the use of hiding the formula even the entire sheet is protected…?

Also it states that ‘All spread sheet templates should be validated once in a year’. Is it mandatory…? Is there any regulatory requirement regarding the validation period of the spread sheet…?

Thanks in advance…!

Best Regards
Arul Jothi J

Those are just company-specific requirements.

Re-validating on a timeline makes little sense to me - clearly more importantly is consideration of re-validation when changes are made (including those changes not directly related to the spreadsheet itself (e.g., spreadsheet software upgrade). The “once a year” requirement may be intended to address those ‘hidden’ changes. It would be best, though, if such changes weren’t ‘hidden.’ If, for example, your yearly validation reveals that a patch to the OS made 1 day after the last validation (a year ago) caused the formulas to calculate incorrect values. Hmm… now you have a real mess.

Hi,

Based on the risk assessment the re-validation time can be extended for a longer period instead of once in a year.
While for all changes there should be a controlled procedure which involves evaluation for requirement of validation Yes / No.

happy Reading !