Media Preparaetion Area Grade

Dear All,

can i prepare media in uncontrolled area if not plz give me logical ans with references of guideline.

Thanks

Sandeep

If you are making the media for microbiological work and sterilize it by moist heat method you can prepare that in an uncontrolled area.I see no problems in this.
If you are preparing a media for a media fill operation and sterilizing this media by Filtration method, you must prepare such media in Class C (10000) area.

Thank U Sir,
Can u give any referances regarding this ?

Honestly speaking, I do not have a Regulatory reference right now in hand. I shall ask my friend who is an Subject Matter expert in Microbiology and give you references.You might need to wait till I get those.

Dear All can anybody please tell me that is it advisable to reheat/melt the sterilized solidified agar medium prior to use? is it objectionable?
Any reference??

Sincerely I do not have any reference for this.
The only thing I learned in Microbiology during my education and work that it cannot be done as it gets denatured at times during reaheating or losses its sensitivity for the specific application you are performing.
Secondly its not a very standard pratcice in industry in Microbiology areas to re heat or resterilize the media.
You must also look into literature for that media if you reheat or resolubulize or resterilize what happens.
It is always advisable to contact media manufacturers or providers for this specific issue as they will have a validated study.

Regards