Internal quality audits

You can use such documents in project planning, construction, commissioning, validation, pilot studies and commercial production phases.

You can do necessary modifications as and when a need arises.

Internal Quality Audit.doc (63.5 KB)

I tried to post to this thread yesterday but was after a spam and I think my post was also deleted. So I’ll try again.

Durga, thanks as always for sharing. Always good to see different approaches.

In the spirit of improvement, let me offer a couple of thoughts.

1. The industry is moving towards auditing via the process approach. Registrars are increasingly emphasizing this and I’ve encountered registrars that REQUIRE it. I would recommend moving the internal audit approach to align with the process approach.

2. Internal audits, like any other job, must be performed by competent personnel; i.e., they must have sufficient training or experience. In your attachment, it seemed to indicate that executive management or directors could audit (although in a subsequent section you mention an audit team). Whomever audits must have competence to do so (and the company needs to be able to show that the auditors have the skills / experience).

Is there any requirement of certification to carry internal audit. Whom those issued? If any one have template please share me.

Any specific organization having an authority to issue these certificates or quality head may issue based on experience, qualification and expertise on activity.

Please guide me…

Dear Yodon,
I agree 100% regarding the competent and Certified auditing team.Most of the Internal auditors in the company are Competent Technical staff and certified by ASQ.

I thank you for sharing good thougths.
Regards

[quote=jyopravel]Is there any requirement of certification to carry internal audit. Whom those issued? If any one have template please share me.

Any specific organization having an authority to issue these certificates or quality head may issue based on experience, qualification and expertise on activity.

Please guide me…[/quote]

There are no requirements for internal auditors to be certified. Just like any other role, training and/or experience can suffice.

I think many of the registrars offer courses on internal auditing.

At the next level, ASQ does certify auditors (either the general Certified Quality Auditor track or the Certified Biomedical Quality Auditor track). Of course, certification doesn’t guarantee a competent auditor but, when using a certified quality auditor, the fundamentals of state-of-the-art auditing should be there.

[quote=yodon]There are no requirements for internal auditors to be certified. Just like any other role, training and/or experience can suffice.

I think many of the registrars offer courses on internal auditing.

At the next level, ASQ does certify auditors (either the general Certified Quality Auditor track or the Certified Biomedical Quality Auditor track). Of course, certification doesn’t guarantee a competent auditor but, when using a certified quality auditor, the fundamentals of state-of-the-art auditing should be there.[/quote]

Thank you for clarification