HPLC validation

hellow to all
i am new in this analytical field
i want to know how to validate HPLC and how to calibrate it
can i get some sites from which i can get useful information
my mail id is hemant_dalindre@rediffmail.com

hi,

What type of HPLC are you trying to validate?

Ruth

Hardware should be qualified then used to qualify the software. :slight_smile:

My question to the chemists is what happens to the methods when a software version is upgraded from one version to another version. Do the chemists have to perform any method validation after the upgrade?

Dear Hemant,
calibration and validation are two different things, In HPLC case , when you are installing HPLC, one should perform IQ, OQ and PQ before using it. after qualification, the periodic calibration program must be define.

Thanks

[quote=hemant_dalindre]hellow to all
i am new in this analytical field
i want to know how to validate HPLC and how to calibrate it
can i get some sites from which i can get useful information
my mail id is hemant_dalindre@rediffmail.com[/quote]

Dear Hemant

The caibration and vaildation HPLC can be available with the original equipment manufacturer of the HPLC.

Brother, HPLC INSTRUMENT VALIDATION IS DIFFERENT PROCEDURE WERE THERE IS NO ROLE OF CHEMIST ie INSTRUMENT IS VALIDATION BY MANUFACTUER ITSELF WHILE CALIBRATION IS INHOUSE PROCEDURE

What if Vendor is not available, or its an old instrument but needs qualification? Qualification can be done in house. anyways check post
http://www.askaboutvalidation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65
many members have replied for this.

ur right brother thanx

sir hello
plz tell me what are differance between calibration and validation

Dear Sapna here is the difference…

Validation: Establishing documented evidence which provides a high degree of assurance that a specific process will consistently produce a product meeting its predetermined specifications and quality attributes.

Calibration: The set of operations which establish, under specified conditions, the relationship between values indicated by a measuring instrument or measuring system and the corresponding known values of the measurand.:slight_smile: