Hplc column recovery

Dear ALL

I am facing problem in HPLC Column washing , is there any column recovery process please send me

hi

make pls explain about the column chemistry(RP etc…)

if your column was used > 3000 injections shelf life, mean that your column is almost investment quaranted.

For reverse phase column, use it at the flow direction as indicated on the stainless steel body. When peak starts to split or tail, reverse the column,

a) Method A
flush with ACN/H2O for 15 - 30 minutes at low f/r, i.e. 0.3ml/min. Then, back to the flow direction at same condition.

After a few times, you will find that the above method is not working. then, you just reverse your column for usage, till performance is no good. Then, reverse back to its flow direction. you can still get peak, but peaks with poor resolution, and plate count.

b) Method B
flush with 30% IPA in water at low f/r for about 1-3 hours. then, store your column in your solvent (NOT IPA)

i normally use method A. To maintain your column, please take note that you need to have sufficient flushing after analysis.

And sometimes, your RP column is wetted, then, you need to flush with methanol to de-wet the column before use.

Other types of column, not so familiar

[quote=choy77]And sometimes, your RP column is wetted, then, you need to flush with methanol to de-wet the column before use.
[/quote]
what do you mean with wetted-dewetted?

@humayun: what is your column-related problem? recommended washing procedure for column recovery could be find in the column’s document.