HEPA TEST aerosol sources

There are some sources listed in ISO 14644-3. e.g. PAO、4 cSt, DOS, DEHS, DOP,PSL. However, FDA didnt addresss on it.

For processing HEPA leak test, which’s the most common used in the industry now?

The PSL is suitable for testing as a source of challenge aerosol? Is it concernced that would remain on the filter after testing?

Where can I get supporting informaiton or reference to show my customer if I want to prove that PSL is relaible? The only thing I got is the suggestion that Baxter gave to FDA.

"if the agency feels it is important to include ULPA filters (IEST class F filters) in this document, an alternate challenge using polystyrene latex beads may be more appropriate, especially in environments such as isolators and laminar flow depyrogenation tunnels. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility, however, to demonstrate that the alternative challenge aerosol is suitable. "

Mia Hsu
Biotech Project Engineer
miahsu@energye.com.tw

thanks for the information miahsu. :smiley:

Dear Friend

For processing HEPA leak test, which’s the most common used in the industry now? (DOP) is Best

Is it concernced that would remain on the filter after testing? All PAO、4 cSt, DOS, DEHS, DOP,PSL will remain on HEPA Up Stream as filter screen

True Regards

A.Aziz Shaikh

[quote=miahsu]There are some sources listed in ISO 14644-3. e.g. PAO、4 cSt, DOS, DEHS, DOP,PSL. However, FDA didnt addresss on it.

For processing HEPA leak test, which’s the most common used in the industry now?

The PSL is suitable for testing as a source of challenge aerosol? Is it concernced that would remain on the filter after testing?

Where can I get supporting informaiton or reference to show my customer if I want to prove that PSL is relaible? The only thing I got is the suggestion that Baxter gave to FDA.

"if the agency feels it is important to include ULPA filters (IEST class F filters) in this document, an alternate challenge using polystyrene latex beads may be more appropriate, especially in environments such as isolators and laminar flow depyrogenation tunnels. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility, however, to demonstrate that the alternative challenge aerosol is suitable. "

Mia Hsu
Biotech Project Engineer
miahsu@energye.com.tw[/quote]

To All

Can any one tell us, which is Right Air Velocity Meter (Vane Type /Hot Wire or Analog) to check Air Velocity of Horizontal and Vertical Laminar Air Flow?

True Regards

A.Aziz Shaikh

Al- Pharao Air Data

I prefer using a pitot tube with manometer for measuring air velocity. There are the Equal Area Method and Log Tchebycheff Method etc.

The pitot tube is I belive more accurate in this application.