Hepa filter test with a particle counter

Hello everybody, first of all i´m from spain and i´m sorry if my english isn´t very well, i hope you understand me.

I want to do an integrity test in HEPA filters with a particle counter, in a laminar flow cabinet. Looking the UNE 14644-3 (it is the same as ISO 14644-3 but here in Spain), in the section B.6.3, it explains how to do it, but i don´t undertand some section. In section B.6.3.6.2 it says that i have to calculate the standard leak penetration (PL) with the equation: PL = K x Ps, and I have to choose “K” from a table in function of Ps (Maximum allowable penetration). The table shows different values of Ps and the “K” you have to choose, and the minimum value to “Ps” is 5x10-4 and “K” is 10, that i think it belongs to HEPA filter U15 (in this case i think it´s called ULPA filter). My problem is that in the HEPA filters H14, Ps is 5x10-3 and i don´t know which value of “K” i have to choose.

Please help me!! I´m very desperate!!! I really hope you have understood me.

Thank you very much!!!

Please!!! can anyone help me??? I need help!!!

Dear nebpmp,

try posting this thread in the Good Engineering Practice forum, (
http://www.askaboutvalidation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29
). In the cleaning validation forum very few people may have sufficient knowledge of this topic to answer you.

Best regards

Alfred

Dear Alfred,

thank you very much for your piece of advice.