Device,equipments,machine

Dear sir,
I want to know the basic differance between the device, equipments, & machine.
regards,
yogesh

Here are the basic meanings of the words.
Device - A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks. For example, a plc.
Machine - an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work. For example a mixer/granulator or FBD.
Equipment - the clothes, machines, tools etc necessary for a particular kind of work, activity.

Hope that is of some help.

I would be careful with trying to establish definitions. I don’t know that they can be generalized and standardized. For example, the FDA considers both plastic utensils (for medical work) and MRI systems as “devices.” I don’t know of a particular context where these terms are clearly distinguished. In many cases, the terms are used synonymously (especially ‘machine’ and ‘equipment’).

I know this isn’t constructive, but I thought it should be raised.

All to true,there is still a grey area between the different terminology as equipment and machine are usually used in loose terms. I do believe that equipment is more than 1 ‘thing’ put together to make or complete a process/group.
Just check an IQ/OQ protocol out. It checks the new machine, utilities, safety aspects, training etc. All these are grouped together as Equipment.
A filling machine is nothing without the capping machine,labelling machine,cartoning machine,etc but together the equipment produces an end product.
With regards to the plastic medical utensils and MRI, they are both devices due to the fact that they both serve a particular simple purpose.
Using the following descriptions should at least help in generalising/grouping an item.
Device - A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks. For example, a plc.
Machine - an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work. For example a mixer/granulator or FBD.
Equipment - the clothes, machines, tools etc necessary for a particular kind of work, activity.

Whatever you use should follow the name and function of the whatever it is…

Device - A plan or scheme for effecting a purpose.
Equipment - the state of being equipped.
Machine - A person or thing that acts in a mechanical or automatic manner…