Detergent residues - methods of detection

I was wondering if someone might help me out. Our company is currently using Profil 12 and Vardet by Wood Wyant for cleaning and I’d like to know if anyone else is using either of these and what methods of detection for these cleaners you use for your cleaning validation. Titration? Conductivity? pH? Something else?

I hope using commercial names is okay. I couldn’t find the rules list.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, even if you aren’t using these cleaners.

Mike

[quote=orbusmike]I was wondering if someone might help me out. Our company is currently using Profil 12 and Vardet by Wood Wyant for cleaning and I’d like to know if anyone else is using either of these and what methods of detection for these cleaners you use for your cleaning validation. Titration? Conductivity? pH? Something else?

I hope using commercial names is okay. I couldn’t find the rules list.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, even if you aren’t using these cleaners.

Mike[/quote]

I would like to ask one more question related to the detergent. Is measuring the capillary rise of the sample and standard with respect to purified water suitable for deciding the residue is below the acceptance criteria.

At our site we use TOC test, supposing that all the carbon comes from the detergent. The manufacturer can give you the %C. This plus the NOEL will provide you everything you may need for cleaning validation of the detergent residues

Any organic compound we can analize by using TOC or SSM , If you use SSM That will mor effective as compare to TOC , in case SSM the Temp are achiving up to 900° and in case of TOC its ony 600°.

Before use any of method you need to establish foe fowllwing below mentioned .
1.Analytical method
2.Background study
3.Need to prove your accsseries are free from corbon content .

U.V REDDY
HYDRABAD
uvreddy111@rediffmail.com