Conductivity

Dear All,

We are calibrating conductivbity meter at 1413 µS/Cm. But my water conductivity level is below 1 µS/Cm, specification as per USP is 1.3 µS/Cm at 25°C.

Is it write to calibrate the instrument at higher level and result is very very low and also let me know the acceptance criteria for the standard value.

Is there any stanadard near to this range and how to preparae that standard or ready available in the market.

Calibration should be perform on three or five point calibration method to bracketing the entire range of ur testing, In market 84 micro S/cm standard is easily available.

Dear Mr Raju Hi

I have the same problem as you and I calibrate with only one standard solution of 84 µS/cm for measuring water conductivity for internal use of our manufacturing facility.
I think that with one calibration per week is sufficient, what do you think?

[quote=Fernando Yamin]Dear Mr Raju Hi

I have the same problem as you and I calibrate with only one standard solution of 84 µS/cm for measuring water conductivity for internal use of our manufacturing facility.
I think that with one calibration per week is sufficient, what do you think?[/quote]

Dear Fernando,
Different instruments have different calibrations time period , In Conductivity and pH meter, they should be calibrated before use or atleast daily or when ever start the instrument.

Thanks

Shahnawaz is rite, These sort of instruments are easy to calibrate and dont take too much time, secondly from Inprocess control point of view its very critical, These instruments should be calibrated with right standard and at right time. Mostly Standards and calibration frequency is recommended and mentioned in manual.

Dear All

From old textbooks I considered that as the electrode, if you use it only for water conductivity meausures, is made of Pt that a once per week calibration was enough.
I agree in the case of the pHmeter is an item that requires a daily calibration. :slight_smile:

[quote=Fernando Yamin]Dear All

From old textbooks I considered that as the electrode, if you use it only for water conductivity meausures, is made of Pt that a once per week calibration was enough.
I agree in the case of the pHmeter is an item that requires a daily calibration. :)[/quote]

Dear could u please provide the reference of Text book.