Bowie dick test cycle for mix steam/air chamber

Hi,
We are a contact lens manufacturer.
We use Mix Steam/Air type Sterilizer. The chamber doesn’t have pre-vacum stage.
Question : As we use Bowie Dick as Chemical Indicator kit. But when i read the instruction, it is written that just mean for Pre-vacum chamber.
If we still want to use BD, then we will use to buy off on the Heat penetration performance. But, what would be the suitable cycle to test it.
Currently our cycle condition is : 123 - 50 min. Do i need to test the BD at the same condition ? If so, then it should be done in empty or full load?
pls advice
Rgs,
SIVANESAN.J

First, understand the concept of Bowiedick. We generally perform this test to ensure the complete removal of air from the chamber. Especially when u process porous goods (garments) in the autoclave, to ensure the uniform heat penetration, you need to perform the bowiedick. But you are using steam air mixture for sterilization and you are processing solid goods (contact lenses) in your autoclave. So, Bowiedick test is not recommended for your autoclave.

Veerraju N
nvr.veeru@gmail.com

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.So, which chemical indicator is move suitable for our chamber?
Pls advice

Rgs,
SIVANESAN.J

No need to perform any routine tests (bowie dick, vaccum leak test etc.) on terminal sterilizer, as per my knowledge