TOC for a Dishwasher

Good day to you,

I have a question, a normal IQ/OQ for a washer is simple, and a PQ with a riboflavin tests is also well known.  I recently had a customer ask if we can do TOC on the Dishwasher.  I am not sure how to go about doing this.  Are their companies in the US that outsource this, or should I look into purchasing a standard?  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

[quote=BDSamosky]Good day to you,

I have a question, a normal IQ/OQ for a washer is simple, and a PQ with a riboflavin tests is also well known.  I recently had a customer ask if we can do TOC on the Dishwasher.  I am not sure how to go about doing this.  Are their companies in the US that outsource this, or should I look into purchasing a standard?  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote]

Hi,
I do not see any issue using TOC for dishwasher. I have done it in the past. What standard you are referring to? Along with Riboflavin, you can use Starch to worsen the case and then perform rinse sampling for TOC. Other way to do this is, place the TOC vial directly into the washer and then test it for TOC using the same water that you use for final rinse.

Hope this helps.