Test Script Completeness

Hi Guys,

I wanted to discuss and know your thoughts about the test scripts completeness. In short and in simple language, I want to know that how any one can assure that a particular test script is complete. As per my understanding, test script must contain all test steps, which documents all features or functionalities of that particular system/software.

Reason for asking this question at this stage is, last week we had an external audit and then auditors asked us that these test scripts for Learning Management System (LMS) is not complete. But as per my knowledge, we made a descriptive scripts for all reports required for LMS for the users. I think who ever will see the test scripts prepared by any one can give such comments, because its impossible to capture each and every features/components of the system.

I really want to know in such types of cases, how to convince the auditors?

Regards
Sourav

Test scripts should be verifying requirements (or specific aspects of requirements). Do you have requirements for the system? Do you have traceability between the test scripts and the requirements?

Yes Yodon, I have RTM as well as Requirements. From my opinion my test scripts are complete but when it comes to auditors hand they challenge it. How to deal with this?

So you can adequately demonstrate that the requirements are verified. Hmm… Auditors are supposed to verify you are compliant with procedures / standards. Ask them what the requirement is they feel you aren’t fulfilling and then ask for their specific concerns. Without more information, it’s just not possible to say.

Yes, thats the correct way to do. Thanks for your reply.