Spreadsheet Validation Checklist

Hi, Does anyone know of or have a Spreadsheet Validation Checklist that can be used for GxP spreadsheets, ie so you know what to do if it is simply a list of GxP data vs what to do if it is a complex Spreadsheet with macros and calculations? :confused:

Idealy I want to create a document that can be used to validate simple spreadsheets which can be signed off as documented evidence and then for the more complex spreadheets, additional document requirements are highlighted

Thanks
CK

Hi Kitty,

You may want to consider the following items when developing your guideline/template

1. Will this workbook/excel sheet be store in a secure location. Version control

2. Password Protect the spreadsheet

3. All cells that are not input fields need to be locked down

4. Mathematical forumla, macros need to be verified in the case of the macros you may need to do some sort of source code review to ensure that the code is robust.

5. Mathematical calulations need to be verified with a calculator, each cell that performs a calculation.

6. Verify locked cells , verify unlocked cells.

7. Change control for updating/changing the spreadsheet.

8. Archiving and securing old sheets in a secure location.

I have perfomed the validation of numerours spreadsheets with macros etc and have developed my own validation document (yes one document) to provide full validation. See below for the li st of headings that I used.

1. Purpose
  2. Scope
  3. Applicable documents
  4. Definitions
  5. Intended use and base risk statement
  6. Configuration management
  7. Requirements
  8. Design
  9. Testing approach
  10. Test Results
  11. Test Summary
  12. Validation conclusion.

Hope you find this answer helpful

Kind Regards

That is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for - THANK YOU admin xx

Thats no problem.

One favour if you know other people in the lifesciences you might pass on the link to this website to them.

Cheers

Way ahead of you - I already have :slight_smile:
Thanks again

Hi All,

i found your topic about the spreadsheet validation checklist and so on. I would be interested in experience with this or other things (protocols, checklist), if you have some information, you can contact me.

Regards

Philippe

[quote=admin]Hi Kitty,

You may want to consider the following items when developing your guideline/template

1. Will this workbook/excel sheet be store in a secure location. Version control

2. Password Protect the spreadsheet

3. All cells that are not input fields need to be locked down

4. Mathematical forumla, macros need to be verified in the case of the macros you may need to do some sort of source code review to ensure that the code is robust.

5. Mathematical calulations need to be verified with a calculator, each cell that performs a calculation.

6. Verify locked cells , verify unlocked cells.

7. Change control for updating/changing the spreadsheet.

8. Archiving and securing old sheets in a secure location.

I have perfomed the validation of numerours spreadsheets with macros etc and have developed my own validation document (yes one document) to provide full validation. See below for the li st of headings that I used.

1. Purpose
  2. Scope
  3. Applicable documents
  4. Definitions
  5. Intended use and base risk statement
  6. Configuration management
  7. Requirements
  8. Design
  9. Testing approach
  10. Test Results
  11. Test Summary
  12. Validation conclusion.

Hope you find this answer helpful

Kind Regards[/quote]

Hi
Can you give me an sample file that you prepared ?
how can i buy this sample ?