SAP configuration specification GAMP5

Hi all
In the proces of validating our SAP system the GAMP5 way, I have a very specific question to the Configuration specification.
How much information would you document?

I can imagine a description and maybe screen dumps of what has been configured (eg. a new order type) and the path in the IMG.
But would you also include data from the transport organizer? The request number, the objects and tables changed? Or is it sufficient to say that this is documented in the transport organizer?

Best Regards
MLU

[quote=MLU]Hi all
In the proces of validating our SAP system the GAMP5 way,
[/quote]

Interested to understand what you mean by this?

Ask yourself the question, if the system went down in the morning what systems have you in place to bring the system exactly back to the state it was in before it went down.

Are you relying on the configuration specification to do this?

What exactly doe the transport organizer do?

Thanks for reply

[quote]Quote:
Originally Posted by MLU
Hi all
In the proces of validating our SAP system the GAMP5 way,

Interested to understand what you mean by this?[/quote]

By this I just mean that we want to document the validation according to the guidelines in GAMP 5 (

). I’m in the proces of “translating” or mapping what’s written in these guidelines to SAP terms.

[quote]Ask yourself the question, if the system went down in the morning what systems have you in place to bring the system exactly back to the state it was in before it went down.

Are you relying on the configuration specification to do this?[/quote]
Good point! In the first place I would say we would rely on the back-up, but if we take it a little further and say: What if even the back-up was gone? In that case it’s of no use just referring, in the config spec, to data in the transport organizer. I.e data in the system.

Sorry if I was a bit esoteric here.
The very short version: The transport organizer is something in the SAP system that keeps record of what configurations have been done, which tables have been changed, which entries in these tables and so on. For each change request whether it’s a small task or big project can, in the the SAP system, collect the configuration changes under a transport request with a transport number.
You do the configuration changes in a development system, test it in a test system which is a copy of the working or productive system, and finally introducing the configuration changes to the productive system. You say the configuration is transported between the systems, thus keeping track of what has been changed, when.

Best regards, MLU

[quote=MLU]

Sorry if I was a bit esoteric here.
The very short version: The transport organizer is something in the SAP system that keeps record of what configurations have been done, which tables have been changed, which entries in these tables and so on. For each change request whether it’s a small task or big project can, in the the SAP system, collect the configuration changes under a transport request with a transport number.
You do the configuration changes in a development system, test it in a test system which is a copy of the working or productive system, and finally introducing the configuration changes to the productive system. You say the configuration is transported between the systems, thus keeping track of what has been changed, when.

Best regards, MLU[/quote]

Sounds like a real useful tool and also a tool that should save you alot of time and effort recording the configuration of the system.

So let me get this correct, does it save all of the configurations that have happened in the system previously. So for instance if someone wanted to examine the system 2 years ago due to a recall would it be possible to re-create the system to a working version of that time?