Risk Analysis in HVAC System

Dear All,

Can any one have idea about what are the Risk Analysis we should have to do in HVAC System??

Thanx in advance

Dishant Sanghavi

[quote=Dishant]Dear All,

Can any one have idea about what are the Risk Analysis we should have to do in HVAC System??

Thanx in advance

Dishant Sanghavi[/quote]

Its huge job and the risk parameters involved within your HVAC system should be carefully determined with your technical team as the design of your HVAC system alters the risk associated. However, for conducting the risk assessment, identify the failure modes e.g. particle count high, increased temperature, RH, air change per hour etc. Then identify the failure modes e.g. leak in HEPA filter etc, change in damper setting etc. Then identify the probability, severity, and detection for each mode. Then multiply all and determine the criticality. THen start controling from the one with highest criticality. In this way you could complete your risk assessment and controlling.

good on but give one small example so that dishanth can apply the same for his complete system. i will try to give some info this week

For example, failure in attaining required temperature,

The failure modes are

1. Heat generated or lost in the room due to your process
  2. Heat loss from the room due to your process
  3. Increase or decrease number of heat generating sources inside the operating room (e.g. human etc., heaters etc.)
  4. winter and summer temperature variation
  5. failure in heating system of your HVAC System
  6. High or low velocity of air during the heat exchange process
  7. etc. Remember this is an example only and may not resemble the actual case.

Evaluate your entire HVAC system in terms of the failure mode and get the failure modes.

After getting the risks then provide the probability (occurence percentage of failure), Then severity of the failure modes on failure of attaining required temperature and No detection of the failures after failure of the failure mode occurs.

You should have a scientific numbering system for giving number. A simple example is for low give 1, for medium give 2 and for high give 3. Then multiply all Probability, Severity and No detection and determine the criticality. However there are other methods also for determining the criticality.

In this way you can perform the risk analysis of your HVAC System.

Dear daprawan,

I need your help regarding risk analysis in HVAC kindly contact via my emial bilalhassan009@yahoo.com
i am awaited for your response.