Qualification Of new equipment

Hi Eerybody,

I have one query regarding qualification of new equipment i.e Sifter.

We have Exsiting Sifter of 500mm size, now we want to replace those sifter with new one having bigger size i.e 1200mm. Both sifter from same make and having same working principle.

My question is, can we recruit same I.D No. of Exsiting sifter to new one by doing qualification of new sifter.

For Example

Exsiting Sifter              New Sifter 

I.D No. SF-12 Same I.D i.e SF-12 (New Qualification to be done)

Regards

Prashant Mhetre

No. Identification numbers are unique and shall not be reused. They forms part of history and ensure proper tracibility. As per Good manufacturing practises all equipments & documents shall have unique identification code.

Rocky

hi rocky,
In these case can we give same i.d. no. to new equipment with proper change control procedure & justification and also we record previous equipment & document reference in our new equipment qualification documents for proper traceability. is it sufficient to give old i.d. to new equipments?

Regards,

ANIL SAXENA

It is never a good idea to re-use equipment numbers. From my experience (by virtue of a new job), it is nothing but trouble. Traceability is extremely critical and key, especially in the future. Also, equipment is validated, not equipment model. For example, if your firm purchased 10 refrigerators of the same model, you would qualify all of them, and not just one.

[quote=pcmhetre]Hi Eerybody,

My question is, can we recruit same I.D No. of Exsiting sifter to new one by doing qualification of new sifter.
[/quote]

Hi Prashant,
Why do you want to re-use the I.D. number? If you have a rationale, please let us know, it will help us to understand why you would want to do this.

hi,

when we replace new equipment with same id, its difficult to manage history of the equipment as well as all releted documents like qulifiction, requalifiction, etc. as per Anil sir with proper justifiction we should make change control. but is it right to present in regulatory audits? how should to present in it?

thanks,

abhi