Level of validation for using computer system in inventory management

hi
we have been using computer system in inventory management (API/pharma Industry)
what is the level of valiation requirement? and how to achive it?
can any one put a light on the requirement
pl.

As you mentioned that the computer is used for inventory. Low level of validation is required in this case. You can develop a protocol or working Instruction which includes your daily calculations with the predefined acceptance criteria and frequency of performing the validation. I feel this will suffice your requirement

I don’t necessarily disagree with pradeepmanglani but I would hesitate to immediately conclude a low level of validation. The level of validation should be commensurate with the risk of using the system. If there’s a chance that using the system could allow, for example, quarrantined supplies in production, then the risk is a bit higher. If the system includes electronic record / electronic signatures, then the level of validation also goes up (for part 11 compliance - presuming this is FDA regulated).

You’ve given only a glimpse of the system so, IMO, determining the level of validation with just this information is, well, risky. :slight_smile:

[quote=yodon]I don’t necessarily disagree with pradeepmanglani but I would hesitate to immediately conclude a low level of validation. The level of validation should be commensurate with the risk of using the system. If there’s a chance that using the system could allow, for example, quarrantined supplies in production, then the risk is a bit higher. If the system includes electronic record / electronic signatures, then the level of validation also goes up (for part 11 compliance - presuming this is FDA regulated).

You’ve given only a glimpse of the system so, IMO, determining the level of validation with just this information is, well, risky. :)[/quote]
I agree with Yodon and as mentioned only a glimpse of the system has been mentioned. Ofcourse if it includes electronic signatures / records that has to comply with 21 CFR part 11. But if it is only an inventory then few checks will suffice the purpose.

You may assess the risk first, then You will be informed what level of validation should be performed.

That’s my advice.

Bart