HPLC operation

we have newly brought HPLC (Shimadzu, model no: LC-2010 A HT) in our site…i just wanted make the SOPs for HPLC operation. Viewing through manual its very complex so plz anyone could help me, for the simplicity, to operate the HPLC?
thanks

We also have one of these. If you are using class-VP software a single run is simple, just plug the values you want into the method setup screen and run it. However if running sequences (probably more likely) then I would suggest talk to the sales rep and get them to show you how to set it up as the software can be quite user unfriendly at times and there a little boxes hidden away in various places that need ticking for various functionalities. The help files on the software may be of some use but unless you know exactly what you want they are also pretty user unfriendly. I would suggest the person writing the SOP to just “have a play with it” and get to know the software well. Just make sure you create new methods and sequences so if there is any validated runs on it already you don’t accidently change them.

[quote=sunita]we have newly brought HPLC (Shimadzu, model no: LC-2010 A HT) in our site…i just wanted make the SOPs for HPLC operation. Viewing through manual its very complex so plz anyone could help me, for the simplicity, to operate the HPLC?
thanks[/quote]

Dear Sunita
Normally the operating manual are the best source for writing in-house SOPs for operation, maintenance and calibration. You must go through that I hope u will find a clear text about these elements. I would suggest you better add maintenance and calbration procedures also in the same SOP. Additionally you can add spare parts list and vendor information as well.