How to validate/qualify a server

Hello,

We have over 20 servers on site at our company, all handling GMP data. Do we need to do an IQ/OQ on all of these servers, or can we just prove they are all the same and qualify one of them.

I am confused!

Chandra

Firstly, I am assuming that you have these servers on a network? Therefore they aren’t he same. They all have different names, addresses and so forth - in addition they’re likely to have different software configurations and applications.

At a minimum you should IQ all servers, this can be accomplished by using the same template. OQ can be performed either on a per server or a per system basis depending on the size and complexity of the system. It is not unusual as for the OQ to system test the lot. Qualifying the operation can’t necessarily be really and fully achieved by doing this in the confines of one machine.

[quote=chandra]Hello,

We have over 20 servers on site at our company, all handling GMP data. Do we need to do an IQ/OQ on all of these servers, or can we just prove they are all the same and qualify one of them.

I am confused!

Chandra[/quote]

Well, they haven’t changed overnight :slight_smile:

An iq at this stage is quite pointless because they are all up and running. Start with documenting all the inventory and controlling it with change control.

Then, document the “as-is” configuration of each server and then review them with the technical team. Document any changes or requirements in a separate report and implement the changes using change control.

Update the configuration specs afterwards and get them approved - then turn these into IQs for any new servers you introduce. That should get you started :slight_smile:

Hi all,

what are all the typical parameters to qualify the server?

Please thanks in advance

Regards