Has anyone heard of a company charging

Has anyone heard of a company charging the customer to perform the FAT?

The protocol is being written in house and we are going there to perform it. However, they seem to want to charge for their “support”. I have never come across that, and was wondering if anyone else has?

Thanks.

[quote=seal]Has anyone heard of a company charging the customer to perform the FAT?

The protocol is being written in house and we are going there to perform it. However, they seem to want to charge for their “support”. I have never come across that, and was wondering if anyone else has?

Thanks.[/quote]

Why not? It’s a cost that’s incurred. They can either ‘hide’ the cost in the overall bid or they can offer it as an a la carte option. Some customers may want to take on the FAT themselves.

Sounds like in your case, you may be able to negotiate down to a few hours of support (rather than having to pay for one of their employees to be dedicated to watching you run the FAT for the duration). Sounds to me like a potentially cost-effective option.

[quote=yodon]Why not? It’s a cost that’s incurred. They can either ‘hide’ the cost in the overall bid or they can offer it as an a la carte option. Some customers may want to take on the FAT themselves.

Sounds like in your case, you may be able to negotiate down to a few hours of support (rather than having to pay for one of their employees to be dedicated to watching you run the FAT for the duration). Sounds to me like a potentially cost-effective option.[/quote]

Yodon,

Thanks for the reply. You may be right that in the past it was just built into the quote. However, this was my first time where the vendor wanted to charge for us to come there and let us perform our FAT.

We are working with the vendor on that section of the quote and hopefully it will turn out positive.

Thanks!