Filter Cleaning

Dear Sir,

What must be the water quality to clean the primary and secondary filter ?

Vinod Kumbhar

Primary and secondary filter of what water system?
What is the rating or pore size of such filters?

Normally potable grade water is taken , its passed thru the sand filter to reduce the particulates and then it is passed thru activated carbon bed.
It is then passed into your De-Ionization or RO plant depending as per your water system design.

Dear Vinod,
Sorry about that post.In a hurry I misread and posted you wrong information or irrelavant info.
You must clean the filters with the same quality of water that is being used to filter.
Alternately if you have a WFI line, you can clean with that water which have very low particulates. Cleaning with 70-80C water is always advisable.

Dear Sir,

I am asking about the HVAC filters .

Vinod Kumbhar

According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, HEPA, or “high efficiency particulate air” filters require periodic cleaning between replacements. They are washable, but the washing methods differ depending on the manufacturer of the filter. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer for individual washing instructions.

I request you to type a complete question instead of writing it a vague way. You might know what you are asking for, for any one who reads it will be understood a different way.

What ISPE HVAC Good Practice Guide Says:

[COLOR=“blue”]Though prefilters are installed, they are not intended to remove all particulates.
Accumilation of dust can lead to microbial growth.Typically these units are washed down with a solution that would kill microorganisms, while at the sametime eliminating grease oil, which may have been dispersed from bearing & other lubricated joints.[/color]

Dear Sir,

We have just faced the WHO audit. In there round at filter cleaning station , they suggested us to use purified water to clean the pre and secondary filters . Currently we are using potable water to clean this filter.

Kindly guide me.

Regards,

Vinod Kumbhar

There is specific reason why they insisted for this. There will be particulates in your potable water as you collect and keep that for a period of time before you actually use. Secondly they will have bacterial load. At times after cleaning these filters with potable water, it is found to contaminate the purified water. Even a drop of untreated water contains millions of bacteria and dissolved solids.