Dry Equipment

At the end of cleaning and during any clean hold period before SIP/or use is your equipment (tanks/lines):

a) “bone” dry

b) Potentially have some droplets in the tank but no puddle/pool of water

c) Have a puddle/pool of water

d) Other, please specify

If you have a puddle or pool of water in the tank how do you justify it since FDA Guide to Inspections, Eudralex, PICS, Health Canada, WHO all basically state: Equipment should be stored in a dry condition after cleaning. Stagnant water should not be allowed to remain in equipment after cleaning.

It is pretty difficult to completely Bone Dry equipment. There are always little crevices or spots that just never dry properly.

With that said, and as a Current HC Inspector, I would be comfortable with drying as much as possible with just a touch or two of water remaining (No Puddles).

You should be testing Cleaning “Hold” Periods to determine validated hold times post CIPing.

I’m not too sure what you mean by pre SIP times? Most tanks that have been contamined with organisms need to be SIP first, THEN CIP, then Dried.

I am new to this forum, but I am interested in this old thread.

We were cited for leaving drops of water in our automated washing machine.

Now, someone wipes the interior of the washing machine dry after every cycle.

However I fail to see the point, because only the visible part of the machine can be dried. The wash tank (which is not visible or accessible) would never be dry. A case of “out of sight, out of mind?”

What’s the rationale for this?

Dear All,

If any body can help me find ,how we do hold time after SIP of glasswares or vessels.If we want to claim the sterility of glass wares post SIP hold up.