Difference between Distilled Water and De-ionized water

Hi every one,

Can some one please explain me what is the difference between Distilled Water and De-ionized water? If there exists a difference when which one is pure one and why?

Regards.

[quote=subirme]Hi every one,

Can some one please explain me what is the difference between Distilled Water and De-ionized water? If there exists a difference when which one is pure one and why?

Regards.[/quote]

The definations are given in Pharmacopoeia

[quote=subirme]Hi every one,

Regards.[/quote]

Purified water/DM water / DI water in bulk is prepared by distillation.

Both are same.

As per BP
Water, Distilled : Purified Water of the British Pharmacopoeia that has been prepared by distillation.

Regards,
Bujji Kanchi.

While the USP standards have the same acceptance criteria, they are different. This is mainly in the methods used to create them. Distillation is the process of using heat to flash the water to steam and then condense it back into water, leaving the impurities that theoretically have higher flash temperatures behind. De-Ionization uses other ionic properties to capture the impurities to provide a purified water. There are different costs associated with the creation of both, but generally the Distilled water is more expensive.