Compatibilty between two substances

dear all,
i really really need help with this one…
i’m doing some research about one injection product, composition of the product is amidopyrin and methampyronum.
all i want to ask is when i try to make the product, the colour of product is mostly yellow (not clear) (once i try and the colour is clear, only once). my friend said that the product colour must be clear not yellow (becoz if the colour yellow, mean that the product is already toxic). my question is :

1. is that true when the colour already yellow, so that the product already toxic?
  2. what the root cause of this (yellow colour)? coz i’ve search all over the web there no answer…i think its becoz that nobody produce this anymore…
  3. what should i do to prevent this product become yellow?

thanks waiting for reply…
truly…really need help with this one…:confused:

Dear rika_ndry,

I can only speak from some long ago experience with Dipyrone, which is structurally related to amidopyrine. The Dipyrone degraded into Dimethylaminoantipyrine, which is a metabolite and has the same pharmacological activity (not toxic), but impairs a yellow colour to the formulations. The solid formulation included sodium bicarbonate to create a slightly acidic environment, to prevent or delay this yellowing. Perhaps this gives you a hint for further investigation.

Best regards

Alfred

[quote=Alfred]Dear rika_ndry,

I can only speak from some long ago experience with Dipyrone, which is structurally related to amidopyrine. The Dipyrone degraded into Dimethylaminoantipyrine, which is a metabolite and has the same pharmacological activity (not toxic), but impairs a yellow colour to the formulations. The solid formulation included sodium bicarbonate to create a slightly acidic environment, to prevent or delay this yellowing. Perhaps this gives you a hint for further investigation.

Best regards

Alfred[/quote]
Dear Alfred,
so you saying that if the yellow colour not toxic? i also agree with you coz i have a friend also she produced amidopyrine combine with methampyrone for injection. and she said there was no complaint (from patient) bout the product. but i’m still confused bout it.
you already have experience with the solid preparation and you add sodium bicarbonate to delay the yellow. what about the injection preparation, sodium bicarbonate cant be add to injection preparation right?

thanks waiting for reply:)