Choose GMP

Hello to all. For GMP compliant can I choose a instrument cheapest with the same quality ?

Cheap is a valida gmp requirement?

THKS

I can’t say I completely understand your question but let me relate a few things.

First, any purchase should be to meet specific requirements. If multiple do then cost can certainly be a consideration.

Purchases should be made through qualified & approved suppliers. If you can confirm two suppliers provide the same quality product / service then cost can be a consideration.

Consider the case if you’re buying a measuring instrument. One company calibrates the equipment using NIST standards and their cal lab is registered to ISO 17025 (through a reputable registrar). Another company just makes a claim to being “17025 compliant” and doesn’t provide calibration data traceable to NIST standards. The second company probably has a lower cost than the first but the supplier shouldn’t be meeting your requirements.

In and of itself, though, cost is not a GMP requirement. The focus needs to be on quality / safety aspects (i.e., your requirements).

I hope that answers your question.

[quote=yodon]I can’t say I completely understand your question but let me relate a few things.

First, any purchase should be to meet specific requirements. If multiple do then cost can certainly be a consideration.

Purchases should be made through qualified & approved suppliers. If you can confirm two suppliers provide the same quality product / service then cost can be a consideration.

Consider the case if you’re buying a measuring instrument. One company calibrates the equipment using NIST standards and their cal lab is registered to ISO 17025 (through a reputable registrar). Another company just makes a claim to being “17025 compliant” and doesn’t provide calibration data traceable to NIST standards. The second company probably has a lower cost than the first but the supplier shouldn’t be meeting your requirements.

In and of itself, though, cost is not a GMP requirement. The focus needs to be on quality / safety aspects (i.e., your requirements).

I hope that answers your question.[/quote]

You answered my question perfectly. I just wanted to know if the cost could be included as a reason GMP purchase (and what is the regulatory reference). Obviously comparing two instruments of the same quality!