Change Control

What do people think of this definition is it similar to the one in your SOP’s and Procedures.

“Whenever possible software changes should be tested offline prior to installation on the live production plant / system.
When this is not possible, the change should be assessed for its risk to product quality, plant and personal safety
prior to installation. Where the level of change is considered to be low risk, the change may be tested on the live plant /
system without the need to stop routine use / production. for high risk changes the change should be tested when the system plant
is not in routine use.”

I think you need to be more specific about your definition of test in this context. You can always test the software in advance of it’s release to the live environment, such as code reviews, unit test, simulated environments, etc., so I guess what you are referring to here is final functional or qualification test.

Testing here should also refer to the impact the change has on the other parts of software and not only plant safety etc. It is always recommended that if changes are being made to a software it is always tested at the vendor and in the organization that is implementing the change, before it is put into the live application.

The impact analysis also should always be a must in cases where a considerable amount of change is being made to the software.

Well I have gone through all the discussion above, i think there is no ambeguity and frank and swqual are more or less talking the same. A software change controlling is crucial to a live plant. All it should be qualified before subjecting on the routine plant.

Well I have gone through all the discussion above, i think there is no ambeguity and frank and swqual are more or less talking the same. A software change controlling is crucial to a live plant. All changes should be tested and qualified before Implementation on the routine plant.