AskaboutValidation Redesign - Comments Required

Dear Gokeeffe,

a new redesigned site looks very good, I hope the forum section will stay the same as I pretty know that most of members do not like changes…for example…if you change even the color of topic, most of members will be a little bit confused …these are experiences from other forums:confused:

Regarding forum section…is it possible to make some changes regarding file size which we want to upload…
for example…I have many pharma books to share to our members…very good books which I’d like to upload directly to our site…and file size is to low, also pure regarding extensions…
On that way all we here can make our private library and collection of usefull data…

regards,

cubica:)

Hi Cubica,

We are going to update the forum but we are also going to have a link to the old forum so that poeple will have a choice as to which view they want to work with.

As regard increasing the upload capacity, what capacity do you suggest and I will make the changes.

Regards

Graham

Nice design

I liked the way ‘Join the Discussion’ is presented in the new home page.
Still I would request to categorize the posts the way it is done presently.

Current homepage is having the following categorization:

1. Newest Threads
  2. Newest Posts
  3. Most Viewed Thread
  4. Most Replied To Thread
  5. Unanwsered Threads

I feel we should at least keep Newest Threads,Newest Posts and Unanswered Threads … that way we get info on home page.

Rajinder

It is really user-freindly now and saves time for techncial persons

[quote=gokeeffe]Hello All,

As some of you might know we are currently getting our wonderful site re-designed as we feel now we have great user base who deserve a better website.

We are looking for comments from our members in relation to the design for our new homepage (screeshot attached).

Any comments you might have please leave them in this thread.

Best Regards[/quote]

i like the design,but may i ask why must green?its not that i dont like green (just a silly quest i guess).
but i like the new design.
and i agree with rajinder that to categorized the thread…especially the “no reply thread”…
and yeah…if dont mind…this is just my idea…in the homepage design can show who member who active in that time (their nickname)…
thanks

No particular reason why green, just happened that way.

Will will have a more comphrehenisve section on the new forum section where
we will detail all of the field on the current homepage, to make it much easier for people to see threads that have not been answered.

I will see if it is possible to show active members on the hompeage

the page will move the site image even higher.
looks realy professional

this is much better
thanks a lot

dear sir,
its good and better.

regards,

jan jamal.

Hello, the new design is excellent, congratulations!!!

Hi Cubica,

Will you books to share with their colleagues in the HPH.

Best regards,

Crnjevo

Yes, this new look is different…though could not zoom into to look closely.

However let us also add some more areas around Geograhpies in teh globe.
Different countries, geographies continue to be become more relevant in the new scenario. Parcticularly emerging economies like China, India, SEA region etc. Can we have sub sections in the forum which are focussed for each of these regions. viz. we can see a lot of users from India, but could do with a seperate forum - India specific to address concerns which are specific to the region…

Good one , it seems easily accesible for the required features

Hello,

I’m looking at this forum for the first time.
Therefore the normal homepage is as new to me as the new one.

The first thing that I notice is that the normal home page is more chaotic to read than the new one. It’s easier to read.

Kind regards,
PDG

The page is very good, congratulations!!!

The design is good. I like the design. But I do not like one thing. How can you say validation analyst at the initial, then validation expert after 50 posts and validation Guru after more than 100 posts. Is it logical?

Can there be a site for employment vacancy?

We can post our company’s requirements or if we know of some other requirements too

Hi,

We already have this
http://www.askaboutvalidation.com/featured_jobs.php

but wait for the new design the recruitment section will be alot better

I have no comments because I cannot view it very well.
regards Conversano